Organizing your garage is probably at the top of your “to-do” list, but the bottom of your “want-to-do” list. The garage can be incredibly daunting, especially if it hasn’t been organized in the last few years. You’ve probably found yourself asking “how do I organize my garage?” Organizing can be a lot easier and less stressful than you imagine if you take the proper steps.
You may have once asked yourself, “how do I organize my garage?” but not anymore! You have the tools to succeed and we can’t wait to help you.
The weather is slowly but surely getting warmer. That means snakes, insects and other pests will start seeking places to hide from the hot sun. It’s a homeowners worst nightmare to move a bucket or bin and find a snake curled underneath, or a nest of insects. Before the pests you’d rather keep outside start trying to find cool hiding places out of the sun, take a few precautions to protect your home from these little guys. Follow these tips and don’t be surprised by a coiled creature in your garage.
Cut The Clutter: A cluttered space is a haven for pests! They love to hang out under a pile of your stuff. Sort through your things and eliminate the things you no longer need or want. Try to ask yourself questions like, “do I really need this?”, “do I have other items similar to this?” or “does this still work?”
Get Everything Off The Floor: The best and easiest way to keep pests from hiding in your garage is to eliminate all of their hiding places. If there isn’t anything on the floor, their hiding places are suddenly gone! Use shelves or cabinets to get everything off the floor. Hanging thing up will help you stay organized and eliminate hiding places for those pests.
Maintain Your Organization: Use the one-touch rule to help you keep your organization plan in place. This means you put the item in your hand away the first time you touch it. Organization is an ongoing process and it’s easy to fall back into disorganization.
Just like humans, these little guys don’t enjoy laying out in the sun all day. They will start looking for places to hide. Don’t let that place be your garage!
We will be at the Texas Panhandle Builders Association Home Show this year. Stop by and we can talk about garage storage and organization options and ideas. We’ll be set up from February 7th to the 8th. Learn more.
Amarillo Civic Center,
North Exhibit Hall,
401 South Buchanan Street
When home improvements are on your New Year’s Resolution list, it’s important to find the right contractors to help. Recently, we were asked to help a local home owner fix a flooring mistake made by a previous contractor. Because a craftsman was hired to do a job that he knew little about, the home owner ended up paying for repairs. Avoid paying more for home improvement jobs by hiring the right local contractor!
With just a few simple steps, find the right local contractor for you and avoid hiring the wrong ones.
- Shop around: When you’re in the market for a contractor to help beautify your home, don’t hire the first contractor you come across. There are some really good directories out there that will help you shop around for local contractors. Also, ask your friends, family or coworkers for suggestions.
- Ask for pictures or testimonials: Always ask for samples of previous work. If a contractor is unable to give you examples of past work it may be wise to move on to the next contractor on your list.
- Get estimates: Before settling on a local contractor, be sure to get an estimate for the work to be done. The estimate should include price and time needed to complete the job. It may be a good idea to get this estimate in writing.
- Review your list of contractors: Based on the examples of past work, testimonials and the price and time estimate choose the best contractor for the job that you need completed.
- Get Started: After you’ve chosen your contractor, get the home improvement-ball rolling. Consider signing a contract with your contractor in order to ensure that the job will be done according to your agreements with no hidden fees or charges.
Home Improvements should be exciting, don’t let the wrong contractor fill you with stress!
Sometime down the road you’ll look at your garage floor in Amarillo and see all the soils you tracked in while living life. It’s time to take a few minutes and clean up before you invited your friends over to watch the game – in your garage. While at most times, water and a squeegee is sufficient for cleaning, the following instructions are for a deep clean of your garage flooring.
- Soft Surface Push Broom
- 2 sided foam squeegee
- 5 Gallon Bucket
- Joy/Simple Green/Household Dish Soap
- Clear Ammonia
- Wet / Dry Shop Vac
- Clean floor of sand, dirt and dust with the broom and dry vac.
- ** If there are stains, tire marks, etc – use a degreaser like Joy and scrub vigorously with a hand-held scrub brush. Then vacuum with wet vac to remove the soapy residue.
- Add 5 gallons of hot or very warm water to bucket and mix in 2 pints of Clear Ammonia. (Ammonia is recommended because it does not leave any soapy residue on the floor).
- Pour the water mixture onto the floor, scrub with a broom to release any dirt.
Use the foam squeegee to clean water from the floor and vacuum with your wet vac. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for desired pristine.
This care will restore your garage floor in Amarillo to looking new, removing abrasives and prolonging the life of the floor. Considering that Polyaspartics are 3x the strength of Epoxies and have tremendous clarity, periodic cleaning will ensure a clean, durable floor for many years.
Let one of our consultants help you determine the needs of your garage floor in Amarillo. When you want the best, give us a call and let us provide you with flooring that will make walking into your garage a special experience!
Normally, we specialize in home garage storage and flooring but we branched out a bit for a recent client. We were approached to help give a 10,000 square foot airplane hangar something of a face lift with the best epoxy flooring Amarillo has to offer. The opportunity to install the best epoxy flooring may seem a little daunting but we embraced the chance to do something a little different than our regular garage storage jobs.
Our team completely transformed this airplane hangar into a cleaner and more visually appealing space through the use of the epoxy flooring Amarillo loves. Because the epoxy coatings that we applied are impervious to a variety of substances, the owners of this hanger will be able to easily clean their floors of water, oils, or chemicals that may have been tracked in by planes, cars, or people. This will result in less time cleaning and more time in the air!
Our goal was to give this client an airplane hangar that they would be proud of for years. We wanted to give produce a product that would make their hangar maintain its sophistication. The epoxy flooring Amarillo has come to expect is scratch resistant, making it perfect for garages and (in this case) airplane hangars. This product is also UV stable, meaning that the gorgeous shine will never become discolored, yellow, or fade, maintaining the quality of this hangar floor or any floor for that matter.
After laying three layers of epoxy flooring this larger-than-normal space now shines so brightly, you can nearly see yourself in the sheen. The epoxy flooring gave this hangar a new more professional look that will last for years to come. Because of this epoxy flooring the concrete below is sealed against water, making it last longer and avoid unsightly cracks. This gorgeous flooring can easily be scaled down and installed into your garage and be just as beautiful.